Friday, February 21, 2014

Neal Adams 70's BATMAN

I found this old sticker set with some very cool Neal Adams Batman artwork, and I just loved the smile on Batman's face - it's not a look we normally associate with ol' Bats... But it made me laugh and I though why not?!

I painted this one as a gift for my good Bat pal Lee 'The BatFan" Johnson.

The base coat with added clay ears...

Pencil sketch with a little burnt umber...


I had to buy some magnifying goggles, these small details are killer...

Almost there...




Neal Adams I think would be proud!
If you are interested in a Light-Bulb Portrait, please contact me!

Enjoy!
CM

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, your light bulb idea are awesome! I really like classic batman bulb especially,keep up the good work. I was wondering if you could please do me a favor and send me a clear picture of that batman that is in your picture under the batman light bulb. If you can do me that favor I would highly appreciate it cause I've been trying to find that picture for the longest time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete